Do you enjoy writing about travel?
We love to feature new & aspiring travel writers who can delight and entertain our readers. We currently need support developing family-centric travel content to engage kids (and sometimes parents) in fun and innovative ways. This requires research and the ability to write compelling content for our blog in a variety of categories:
- Travelnitch Eats: Whether it’s a new take on an old world recipe or a deep dive into a city’s best eateries, this is for foodies (young and old) who travel to eat.
- Family Travel: We love sharing hands-on activities that get kids (and sometimes whole families) excited about travel.
- Virtual Tours: Take a deep-dive into one specific destination, highlighting the best things to do, see, eat, and experience. Think of it as a travel guide, but written in a way that appeals to our young explorers.
- Dream Jar Destinations: Tales of far-away lands, fun & quirky sights, exotic adventures—kids will use this as inspiration to create their ultimate travel dream jar.
- Strange and Spooky: These stories introduce young readers to strange and spooky phenomenon from around the world. From historical legends to natural phenomenon, if it’s weird or bone-chilling we want to write about it.
- Travelnitch Outdoors: A passion for travel can stem from a love of the outdoors. Share your favorite *family-friendly* campsites, hiking trails, and outdoor activities to help families feel more connected to mother nature.
Please note: Your story must contain elements of real-world travel. We aim to inspire and educate young readers by sharing the wonders of this world in which we all live.
Do We Still Have Your Attention?
For your best chance to be featured in our Storyteller’s Spotlight:
- Your submission should be 750-1,500 words and fall under one of the categories referenced above.
- Use a single primary font (we recommend 12 pt. Times New Roman) and sub-headers to break up longer text.
- A feature image is optional with proper attribution; please do not include any copyrighted photos.
Note: We will always strive to preserve the integrity of the original manuscript. However, by submitting your short story, you agree to any and all revisions we deem necessary for the publication of your work.
Recent Spotlight Stories:
At Travelnitch, we create opportunities for shared learning, so parents and children can explore the world together.
We deliver new and exciting experiences to encourage dialogue and provoke curiosity. For that reason, we have three primary goals: – Strengthen the bond between parent and child through a shared love of travel. – Forge a more meaningful connection between kids and the world around them. – Promote creative learning to inspire a lifelong passion for exploration.
Travel plays such an important role in our lives. It has the ability to change us for the better. It’s an experiential education that teaches us how to feel, think, act, and react in positive ways. Travel fosters creativity, builds confidence, and teaches us all to be more tolerant. My own kids benefit from travel every time we hit the open road. No amount of money can buy those life lessons.
Travelnitch is inspiring the next generation of explorers. We believe travel is a wonderful way to ignite the imagination and get kids excited about the world. However, we need your help to make this possible. Please spread the word and support our efforts to raise citizens of the world. Let’s go on this adventure together!