Do you enjoy writing about travel?
We love to feature new & aspiring travel writers who can delight and entertain our readers. We currently need support developing family-centric travel content to engage kids (and sometimes parents) in fun and innovative ways. If you are a writer who loves to travel, this could be the perfect fit for you—turn your own passion into an inspiring story for our readers!
We are currently accepting submissions in the following categories:
- Travelnitch Eats: Whether it’s a new take on an old world recipe or a deep dive into a city’s best eateries, this is for foodies—young and old—who live (and travel) to eat.
- Travel Crafts: We love sharing hands-on activities that get kids (and sometimes whole families) excited about travel.
- Story Guides: Our kid-friendly guides share the fun of destinations near and far, including quirky sights & exotic excursions to help families build the ultimate travel wishlist!
- Strange and Spooky: These stories introduce young readers to strange and spooky phenomenon from around the world. From historical legends to natural phenomenon, if it’s weird or bone-chilling we want to write about it.
- Travelnitch Outdoors: A passion for travel can stem from a love of the outdoors. Share your favorite family-friendly campsites, hiking trails, and outdoor activities to help families feel more connected to mother nature.
IMPORTANT: Your story must contain elements of real-world travel. We aim to inspire and educate young readers by sharing the wonders of this world in which we all live. We do not publish self-promotional content on behalf of marketing and/or travel agencies through our Storyteller’s Spotlight.
Do We Still Have Your Attention?
If accepted, your story will be shared widely across all of our social channels, with an author’s bio and optional link to your own website.
As a nonprofit, we rely on the generosity of volunteers to help further our mission. Together, we engage families through thoughtful content and informative, online programming. We’d love your support!
Note: We will always strive to preserve the integrity of the original manuscript. However, by submitting your short story, you agree to any and all revisions we deem necessary for the publication of your work.
Recent Spotlight Stories:
At Travelnitch, we create opportunities for shared learning, so parents and children can explore the world together.
We deliver new and exciting experiences to encourage dialogue and provoke curiosity. For that reason, we have three primary goals: – Strengthen the bond between parent and child through a shared love of travel. – Forge a more meaningful connection between kids and the world around them. – Promote creative learning to inspire a lifelong passion for exploration.
Travel plays such an important role in our lives. It has the ability to change us for the better. It’s an experiential education that teaches us how to feel, think, act, and react in positive ways. Travel fosters creativity, builds confidence, and teaches us all to be more tolerant. My own kids benefit from travel every time we hit the open road. No amount of money can buy those life lessons.
Travelnitch is inspiring the next generation of explorers. We believe travel is a wonderful way to ignite the imagination and get kids excited about the world. However, we need your help to make this possible. Please spread the word and support our efforts to raise citizens of the world. Let’s go on this adventure together!