digital content intern
Travelnitch is seeking a (remote) intern* who wants to learn and grow in a virtual nonprofit environment. This is a creative, yet technical role with ample opportunity to learn through hands-on experience. Travelnitch is a burgeoning business and you will be a vital member of the team, contributing valuable content to support our continued growth.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated, self-starter with confidence to execute a plan under minimal supervision. We encourage open dialogue, and expect you to bring your creativity and opposing viewpoints to every brainstorming session.
While this is not a strategic role, you will take ownership of several projects that support our long-term strategic goals. Perfection is never required, but we do expect a commitment to excellence.
- Coordinate editorial calendar, research and generate ideas
- Draft weekly blog articles, supported by thorough research and fact-checking
- Develop kid-centric travel content to engage kids in fun and innovative ways
- Support the development of social content
- Create and distribute monthly e-newsletters
- Contribute to occasional brainstorming sessions (via Google Meet)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly adept at (factual) creative writing, with great attention to detail
- Experience using a variety of social media platforms
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- The ability to take an idea and run with it, with little oversight
- Experience creating short, inspiring videos that tell a meaningful story
- Basic knowledge of Buffer strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of WordPress a plus
*This is a part-time, unpaid internship for students enrolled at an accredited university. We will only consider applicants receiving academic credit in exchange for their time.
*If interested, please provide your resume and cover letter, as well as a creative writing sample.