Travelnitch is seeking a remote intern who wants to learn and grow in a nonprofit (online) environment. This is a creative, yet technical role with ample opportunity to learn through hands-on experience. Travelnitch is a burgeoning business and you will be a vital member of the team, contributing valuable content to support our continued growth.
The ideal candidate will be a motivated, self-starter with confidence to execute a plan under minimal supervision. We encourage open dialogue, and expect you to bring your creativity and opposing viewpoints to every brainstorming session.
While this is not a strategic role, you will take ownership of several projects that support our long-term strategic goals. Perfection is never required, but we do expect a commitment to excellence.
- Help coordinate editorial calendar, research and generate ideas
- Draft daily blog articles, supported by thorough research and fact-checking
- Develop kid-centric travel content to engage kids in fun and innovative ways
- Assist in developing and executing a social content strategy
- Manage all social interactions on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Create and distribute monthly e-newsletters
- Contribute to regular brainstorming sessions (via Google Meet)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly adept at (factual) creative writing, with great attention to detail
- Experience using Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- The ability to take an idea and run with it
- Experience creating short, inspiring YouTube videos that tell a meaningful story
- Basic knowledge of Hubspot and/or Buffer strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of WordPress a plus
The approximate dates of this internship are February 1 – April 30, 2021. This is a part-time, unpaid position and you must be enrolled as a freshman, sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student at an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship. Academic credit is available pending approval from your college or university.
*If interested, please submit your resume no later than December 15.